Corporate Social Responsibility
System1 respects the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights wherever it operates and treats the risk of causing or contributing to gross human rights abuses as a legal compliance issue. As such, System1 considers the right to be free from forced labour, slavery and servitude to be a fundamental human right.
We are committed to ensuring that our supply chains stay clear of human trafficking or modern slavery and our internal guidelines and practices reflect this approach.
Although we are working in a low risk environment with respect to modern slavery and human trafficking, Legal, HR and Operations are working closely together to remediate the risk of modern slavery in the business and supply chains as well as making sure that basic labour standards are met.
System1 operates a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to suppliers that have been involved in slavery or human trafficking.
- Strive for equal opportunities for all present and potential employees
- Are developing and improving processes that allow for more thorough supply chain verification and are constantly monitoring our existing supply chains
- Examine internal business procedures where necessary to avoid making demands of suppliers or subcontractors that might lead them to violate human rights, including children’s rights.
The competence and commitment of our employees is the basis of our success and our greatest asset. We are committed to provide a work environment that allows for personal growth and enables our employees to reach their fullest potential.
- Provide clear and fair terms of employment for our employees
- Have a fair remuneration policy wherever we operate
- Encourage training for all employees to further help developing their unique skills
When it comes to our business operation, we are guided by the principle of sustainability and aim to please all stakeholders of the company, from our shareholders to clients, employees, suppliers and the community to improve and keep the trust in our business and reputation.
- Strive to create value for clients and stakeholders
- Aim to grow sustainably, adapting to the changes in the market research industry in good time
- Inform investors about the long-term management strategy and business plan
Our objective is to reduce our carbon footprint and minimise any negative impact, including waste our operations may have on the environment.
- Try to reduce the consumption of energy and water and use renewable and/or recyclable resources wherever practicable.
- have introduced DocuSign as a method of signing most of our agreements whereby we have significantly reduced paper consumption
- encourage our stakeholders to use paperless options we provide them with for their information and electronic means to vote.
- have created a recycling program in our office in Shoreham which serves as a model for all offices globally. In our model office, all recyclables are recycled, green waste is composted and we use a zero-to-landfill programme.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of our employees, clients, visitors and subcontractors is of major importance to us. This includes the effects of work on the wellbeing of our employees.
- Comply with and go beyond applicable statutory and legal regulations regarding health and safety in the workplace.
- Support all managers in their obligation to act responsibly with respect to employee safety. Our Health and Safety policy further sets out our commitment.
It’s System1’s policy to conduct all business in an open, honest and ethical manner. We are committed to acting professionally and with integrity in all our business dealings wherever we operate. Employees should refrain from any action that could constitute a conflict of interests. System1 has a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and bribery both in relation of those who work for us and those who work with us.
System1’s Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure further set out the standards of conduct expected of all employees.
- Ensure that all staff are aware on the Group’s policies on insider trading, bribery and corruption
- Will not to offer, pay or accept bribes or substantial favours in accordance with our Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy.
Employees, suppliers or clients who reasonably suspect that there is a breach of this policy should report this to firstname.lastname@example.org or can send the concern via post to System1 Group PLC, Attn. Legal Department, Russell Square House, 10-12 Russell Square, London WC1B 5EH if they wish to remain anonymous. We are committed to ensuring that no one
suffers any detrimental treatment as a result of reporting a breach of this policy. If you believe that you have suffered any such treatment, you should inform the Legal Department immediately.